Recipe: Grilled Pineapple Peach Salsa
For National BBQ Month, we have been thinking of ways to op our barbecue pulled pork or delicious grilled pork chops for summer. Here's a recipe that was featured in America's Best BBQ Homestyle by Ardie A. Davis and Chef Paul Kirk. Ardie Davis is a BBQ legend and we were so thankful to be featured!
Here's the recipe!
Pineapple Peach Salsa
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 fresh peaches, pitted and quartered, or you can use frozen peach slices
- 1 poblano chile or 3 jalapenos if you want more heat, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper cored, seeded, and diced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- Pinch of salt
Makes approximately 2 cups
- Prepare a hot grill.
- Lightly oil the grates and place the pineapple on them. Follow with the peaches, cut side down.
- Cook peaches and pineapple until they develop good grill marks and the sugars will begin to caramelize.
- Set aside to cool on a plate so you can reserve any of the juicy goodness to add to the finished salsa.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chiles, bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
- When cool, dice the pineapple and peaches and add them to the bowl.
- Mix Well, then taste and adjust the salt
- Add to the top of your grilled or smoked meats or just eat with chips!
Ardie's quote about this recipe:
"The sweetness from the grilled pineapply and peaches, contrasted with sour lime juice, peppers, and cilantro, imparts a signature flavor that brings smiles to your guests' faces. You may want to double the quantity after your first go-around with it!"
Happy eating and happy barbeque month from all of us in Breckenridge, Dillon, Silverthorne, Denver and all around! Come visit us at the cafe soon!