Recipe: Jalapeno Peach Glaze
Summer is almost here in the high country! We are excited for longer days, sunshine, bloody Mary's on the patio and doing all of our favorite summer activities in Summit County. After a long day of hiking, biking or on the lake, make this delicious jalapeno peach glaze to go on top of your favorite protein on the grill.
This sweet and spicy glaze is perfect to slather on your grilled pork or chicken. This recipe makes 4 cups of glaze. It will hold in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Olive Oil – 1 TBS
- Red Onion – 1 small diced
- Jalapeno – 2 large or 3 small chopped
- Frozen Peaches (you can use fresh peaches if in season) - 2 Cups chopped
- Apple Juice – 1 Cup
- Pineapple Juice – ½ Cup
- Maple Syrup – 1 ½ TBS
- Honey – 1 ½ TBS
- Chipotle in Adobo (Optional for extra spice) – 1 can
- Salt – 1 tsp
1. In a medium sized sauce pan sauté onion in olive oil over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes
2. Add chopped jalapenos and cook for about 2 minutes
3. Add chopped peaches and cook until defrosted
4. Add apple juice, pineapple juice, maple syrup and honey
5. Add Chipotle in Adobo (optional) and salt
6. Bring mixture to a simmer and let simmer for 2-3 minutes
7. Remove from pot and blend in a food processor or a blender until relatively smooth leaving some small chunks.
8. Return to pot and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
9. Use hot or room temperature